We are pleased to offer our patients the option of comfortable, safe, and effective sedation dentistry.
Patients who benefit from sedation dentistry have:
- A fear or anxiety of being at the dentist
- A hard time sitting still for long periods of time
- A hard time getting (and staying) numb from anesthetics
The two most common types of sedation dentistry are:
- Inhalation — Nitrous oxide, or laughing gas. This is the most frequently used method for easing mild to moderate anxiety. Recovery is quick so you can resume your normal activities immediately.
- Oral — This type of sedation requires you to take a pill, usually Halcion (Triazolam) approximately one hour prior to your visit. You will experience deep relaxation while still being conscious. Recovery is slower, usually taking at least 4-5 hours depending on the patient. When Halcion is given, you will not be allowed to drive yourself to and from our office.
Please contact our practice to schedule a consultation, learn more about sedation dentistry, and find out which sedation dentistry method may be right for you.