We are pleased to offer our patients the option of comfortable, safe, and effective sedation dentistry.
Patients who benefit from sedation dentistry have:
- Fear or anxiety of being at the dentist
- Difficulty sitting still for long periods of time
- A hard time getting (and staying) numb from anesthetics
The two most common types of sedation dentistry are:
- Inhalation — Nitrous oxide, or laughing gas. This is the most frequently used method for easing mild to moderate anxiety. Recovery is quick so you can resume your normal activities immediately.
- Oral — This type of sedation requires you to take a pill, usually Halcion (Triazolam), approximately one hour prior to your visit. You will experience deep relaxation while still being conscious. Recovery is slower, usually taking at least four to five hours, depending on the patient. When Halcion is given, you will not be allowed to drive yourself to and from our office.
Please contact our practice to schedule a consultation, learn more about sedation dentistry, and find out which sedation dentistry method may be right for you.